This post shows how to configure VMware Horizon 7 core components, step by step.
Before starting, check how to install core components in VMware Horizon Installation – Step by Step.
- Login to Connection Server (Standard or Replica) using the admin URL: https://ConnectionServerFQDNorIPAddress/admin.
- Go to View Configuration -> Product Licensing and Usage -> Edit Licensing.
- Type your product License serial number and click OK.
- This enables Horizon’s features.
- Go to View Configuration -> Servers -> vCenter Servers and click Add….
- Type vCenter Server Address (FQDN or IP), User name (Service Domain User) and Password. Click Next.
- Click View Certificate… to validate vCenter certificate.
- Click Accept.
- Select Standalone View Composer Server and type Composer Server Address (FQDN or IP), User name (Service Domain User) and Password. Click Next.
- Click View Certificate… to validate Composer certificate.
- Click Accept.
- Click Add… View Composer Domain.
- Type Full domain name, User name and Password. Click OK.
- Click Next.
- Keep default Storage Settings (recommended) and click Next.
- Review configuration parameters and click Finish.
You have two (2) options to configure Security on Horizon infrastructure as you reviewed in VMware Horizon 7 Installation – Step by Step post:
- Unified Access Gateway (Recommended). Check VMware Unified Access Gateway (UAG) Installation – Step by Step and VMware Unified Access Gateway (UAG) Configuration – Step by Step posts.
- Security Server.
- Go to View Configuration -> Servers -> Connection Servers, select a Connection Server and Click Edit….
- Configure General Settings and Click OK.
- Tags: very useful if you are planing to use Connection Server restrictions or Global Entitlements.
- HTTP(S) Secure Tunnel: it enables a secure tunnel on Connection Server instance and its paired security servers. When the setting is enabled, View Clients connect to desktops through the secure tunnel, which carries RDP and other data over HTTPS. The External URL must not be load balanced.
- PCoIP Secure Gateway: View Clients use the PCoIP External URL to establish a PCoIP connection through the Connection Server instance. The PCoIP External URL must not be load balanced.
- Blast Secure Gateway: clients that connect to View machines use the Blast Secure Gateway to establish a secure tunnel to this Connection Server instance. The Blast External URL must not be load balanced.
- Repeat these steps for each Connection Server.
It is also important to configure some extra parameters:
- Global Settings
- Event Configuration
- VMware Official Documentation: