Zerto released Zerto Virtual Replication 5.5. Here you can find the most important features and enhancements
- Event VM restored from/to snapshot: Zerto triggers a warning event every time a protected VM is restored to an older snapshot.
- vSphere version 6.5 is now supported.
- ESX 6.5 Update 1 is now supported.
- 12x faster recovery times (RTO).
- New AWS Regions.
- Replication Out of Azure for Failback, Protection and Recovery of Production Workloads.
- NICs and Cores Validation:
- Checks that there are enough available Cores in the subscription.
- Checks the number of NICs attached to the protected VMs.
- Azure Tagging: Unique Zerto tags for better management and easy tracking of costs and consumption.
- Better performance and error handling.
- SCVMM 2016 is now supported.
- Database: when the user selects to use the embedded database, SQL Server Express LocalDB is now installed, instead of SQL Compact Edition.
- New ZVM APIs:
- VPG Settings when Creating VPGS from vCD to vCD.
- New ZCM APIs:
- Manage ZCCs.
- Service Profile.
- ZORG permissions.
- ZORG ZSSP credentials.
- Supporting APIs.
- New ZVM APIs:
- Zerto Mobile: Tablet Apps and Widgets
- Zerto Analytics: You can now access information on your environment status using the new Zerto Analytics.
- SaaS APIs: Zerto now exposes SaaS information through APIs.
- Checkpoints: Improvements were made to enable more efficient management and use of the checkpoints.
- ZVM now identifies every time a protected VM is restored to a snapshot, and registers an event accordingly.
- Upgrade: when upgrading, a new window appears, with the option Auto-Upgrade VRAs enabled by default. With this option enabled, the VRA upgrade will run automatically.
- Security: to increase security for Cloud Service Providers offering DRaaS, the ZVM communicates with the ZCC using private/public key.
- Zerto Official Release Notes: Zerto Virtual Replication Release Notes Version 5.5
- Zerto Offical What’s New: What’s New in ZVR 5.5